Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LOL

This morning, after perusing my usual news sources including, but not limited to, The New York Times, The Washington Post and USA Today, and ingesting row after row of horrifying headlines, a sampling of which include, “New Home Sales Fall to Slowest Pace Since 1991”, “Fed Warns of NYC Subway Terror Plot” “, and “Melamine Traces Found in US Infant Formula”, I found myself with two options: I could run out my back door, sink to my knees and begin wailing and gnashing my teeth, or I could add a little humor to my daily news repertoire. I chose the latter, and chose to spend a few moments reading The Onion. www.theonion.com There’s nothing like a little satire and tongue in cheek humor to put things back into perspective. Recently headlines include “New Pain Inducing Advil Created For People Who Just Want to Feel Something, Anything”, and “Denny’s introduces ‘Just a Humongous Bucket of Eggs and Meat’”. I have added The Onion to my daily list of required reading and find my mood improving and my outlook sunny. Sometimes humor is the best medicine. Make sure you get your daily chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment