Monday, December 8, 2008

Color My World

There was a great article in USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2008-12-07-holiday-gifts-color_N.htm about the use of color to stimulate retail and how new colors will keep people coming back for more of the same thing, even if technically, they don’t need it. Ipod and Dell offer their products in a myriad of colors and you can even buy a pumpkin colored Viking range. According to the experts quoted in the article, people, particularly in troubled times, will indulge in colors that appeal to them. Symbolically and psychologically, vibrant colors speak to the change people are craving.

So, it may be time to take a look at your models and clubhouse. Is the color palette fresh? Is there anything vibrant going on? Purple is really big right now, and as I know from reading my Feng shui book, is a symbol of prosperity. Is there a way to incorporate touches of purple into your décor’? I once did an entire model in fuscia, lime green and purple. Very “I Dream of Jeannie”. To this day, I can’t believe they let me do it, but it worked. The target, middle class women, 24 – 40, ate it up and we leased the product in record time.

Color can be an amazing persuader.

No comments:

Post a Comment