Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Roll Out The Barrel


One can learn a lot by hanging out in a beer tent in Southeastern Wisconsin. Take for example, the gentleman pictured. Rumor has it he is 85 years old. Said man decided he wanted to dance, and on the table, no less. A collective gasp was heard throughout the tent as they turned their attention to the elderly gentleman polkaing on the picnic table. One lady turned toward me and said, "Gott in Himmel, ("God in Heaven", for those of you not up on your German) Who does he think he is? He should get down before he hurts himself." The rest of the tent seemed to be enjoying the display. It was obvious the elderly gentleman was having a blast. I wasn't too worried, as he had a number of spotters around him. Secretly, I was proud of him. He decided what he wanted and he went for it. I hope somebody has to pull me off the table when I am 85.

Think about it. What would you like to do that you are too afraid to attempt because you're worried about what people might say or you might fail at? What would you go for if you weren't afraid? Whatever it is, life is short. Make sure you have a few spotters nearby that won't let you fall too hard, and get on that picnic table and dance.

I do believe he is my new hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment