Friday, March 5, 2010

Do the Customer Math

Jeanne Bliss, author of I Love You More Than My Dog, (one of my new favorites), blogged this week about getting the CEO’s attention by working with your CFO and the customer database keeper to create a simple way to look at the flow of customers in and out of your company. She calls it the customer math:

Net Customers = Incoming Customers - Outgoing Customers

Jeanne recommends having every big meeting start with doing the math and discussing the reasons for why your customer asset is growing or shrinking as a way to start managing the asset that is the business of the business.

In other words, if you’re like me - a touchy feely, highly creative type, start presenting what you know to company leaders in their language to help demonstrate the significance of service to success, as well as create an easy formula to inspire relevant conversation and maintain focus among team members.

I like it because anybody can remember it. I would love to hear other formulas if you have them. Share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment